Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cuz Im Housin'

Bowser just ate it. Boo. Yah. Actually it was pretty pathetic for the first bowser. Or the last. Gave me some trouble anyway (he does have a habit of doing that) but I took him out in the end, despite 3 glitch deaths. It's actually a really fun shine. That's right, they give you a shine for beating bowser. C'mon, isn't beating him reward enough on it's own? It's really just a cop out for another shine, kinda disappointing in that sense. But still, kick ass level. Like I'd go back for fun, which needless to say, doesn't come up with the last bowser in supermario 64. If I go back to speed run that (which I probably will) I'll consider not even facing him, he's that irritating (and yes, hard).

Ok, time to help OSK with the boat (another really fun part, kinda my best skills at mario with that). As fun as the main bowser fight is, the level leading up to it is even more kick ass. It's amazing. Too short, since you only get the one, but still amazing. Wow, with my directions (thank you kyaking experience) and OSK's mario handling skills, the blue coins in lava are getting rather pwned. I'd love to see a mario master (by which I mean other mario masters of course) try to speed run this part.

Wow, I just got reminded how weird and trippy bowser levels can be. The bowsers (baby and classic) and taking a sauna-like bath in poisonous green goop. Oh and I have to give props to the amazingness of the boost pound. You actually glow red as if you were re-entering the atmosphere. Yeah, it gets you that high up. But anyway, I have dubbed this move the "pwnstick", as in "this is my PWNSTICK!"

Glitch kills are such crap. Seriously. Get it right game designers. Jesus, OSK just ran off the edge. I know I know, I've been pwned by secret levels before, but seriously. Well ok he's also getting glitch killed more, but still, he's doing a little worse then me already, at least in average distance gotten before death. Now's he's trying a new method to not gall off the edge... it's working well. He might get it this time, or certainly one of the next 2-3. Oh yeah, his extra lives roll over, so he's still got over 20. Ok, he got it. Way to be OSK.

Mario: I did it all Peach...
Peach: For me?
Mario: no... *turns to baby bowser"

for you

No comments: