Wednesday, December 5, 2007

One Week, Mario style

How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad
Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad
I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a bo-omb
Can't understand what I mean?
Well, your mom!
I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
I have a history of taking off my cap

It's been one week since you looked at me
Threw your arms in the air
and said "mama mia"
Five days since you jump-pounded me
I've still got grass stains in both my feet
It's been three days since the afternoon
You realized it's not my fault
I put in the correct electrical signals
Yesterday you'd forgiven me
And now I sit back and wait til you say "let's a go!"

6 comments:

OSK said...

Wow, this one's longer than two sentences.

gbz said...

You misspelled "let's a-go".

I assume that, given your music theory training, this is full of triplet-jumps, pwns (you know, like "tones"), and other music/mario stuff...and that it can actually be sung to the correct pune (like tune...get it?).

dr_koopon said...

Countesy of dictionary.com:

Pu-ne or Poo-na
A city of west-central India east-southeast of Mumbai (Bombay). It was a Maratha capital in the 17th and 18th centuries and passed to the British in 1818. Population: 2,540,000.

so... sung to the correct pune??

Juicy said...

YES!

that song is amazing (and also on my FB profile if you'd like to refresh your memory) and coming from someone who has made it a goal to memorize the entire thing I can safely say it fits the music in all but 5 instances.

gbz said...

Indeed. The entire city is built on a giant alien tuning fork.

dr_koopon said...

Sorry juicy, but 8 lines were altered. Good try though.

hmmm... giant alien tuning fork. Well, something tells me it's still hidden in the plumbing, but that'll probly be undiscovered until the bolians unearth it and make it their new holy symbol.